The ideal on-site HYDROCARBON ABSORBENT AND BIOREMEDIATION AGENT for Oil Spills on Land/Soil.
- Reduces Costs (No costs for Excavation; Transportation; Disposal of contaminated soil & Replacement with clean soil)
- 100% Biodegradable – including the Hydrocarbon.
- Natural Occurring Bacteria
- Patented Technology
- Non Leaching – Passes Leachate Test (EPA)
- Proven Technology
- Harmless to plants, animals & aquatic life.
- Suppresses vapors.
- Encapsulates the hydrocarbon on contact
Oil Gator is a chemically modified plant fibre containing all of the necessary ingredients – nitrogen, sulfur and phosphorous – to enhance biodegradation of hydrocarbons by indigenous bacteria. These naturally occurring bacteria, known as microbes, are completely safe to humans and animals, and will not harm the environment. When activated by the addition of moisture, the microbes reproduce and utilise hydrocarbons as a food source.
- Oil Gator works to bioremediate oil spills; by consuming hydrocarbons, it releases carbon dioxide and water. When available hydrocarbons are depleted, any remaining Oil Gator will bioremediate itself.
- Oil Gator also works as an absorbent, outperforming other sorbents in the market place. In fact, Oil Gator absorbs up to ten times more hydrocarbons than other sorbents, such as calcined clay. Moreover, Oil Gator is environmentally friendly, doesn’t leave a slick surface, and is free of polluting components.
Oil Gator absorbs many different chemicals, including transformer oils, oil paints and wood preserving chemicals. It is cost effective and can be taken to a landfill or incinerated (in accordance with local regulations). Unlike other absorbents, Oil Gator actually encapsulates contaminants, trapping the molecules inside its fibres. This is critical after a rainstorm, for example, to prevent leaching of contaminants into the water table and destroying sensitive ecosystems.
When safety is an issue, fire departments and emergency response units call on Oil Gator to secure the site. On dangerous spills, properly applied Oil Gator forms a matrix that suppresses vapours, reducing the risk posed by fire.
Oil Gator is also approved for use in EPA’s Superfund Innovation Technologies and Evaluation (SITE) program.